Monday, August 22, 2011

Simply Kendra

*EDIT 8/23/11 Added a photo with re-swatched shadows. See last photo.


I don't remember exactly when or where I heard about Simply Kendra Cosmetics but I took a look at their website and was very interested in quite a few shades. I ended up ordering a full set of her Summer Warpaints Collection in 3g jars as well as a 6 miscellaneous shades from her permanent line also in 3g jars.


I placed my order on August 17 and received it on August 22 so the TAT was an amazing 3 business days! My order was packaged very neatly with the Summer Warpaints Collection in one small plastic bag and the shades from the permanent line in another. A third bag contained 3 free samples, a business card and a sheet listing ingredients for the eyeshadows.  The last bag with the heart sticker on it contained a piece of Jolly Rancher hard candy! I seriously love her attention to detail and can honestly say this is one of the best packages I've ever received!


Each eye shadow has it's own custom label which I think is super cute! I would have preferred having the ingredients on the jars themselves rather than just a printed paper with the ingredients as I will probably end up losing this paper somewhere. Each jar has a sifter with seals to prevent leakage. Now for the best part..swatches! These were all swatched over MAC Painterly Paint Pot.

Summer War Paints Collection

Madd Krush - Orangey coral with iridescent sparkle.

Krista - Bright opaque jade green with a hint of gold shimmer. This seems to be a popular shade among MMUCs right now since I feel like I've swatched similar colors from a couple other MMUCs...or maybe it's just that I always end up picking the same color...lol.


E=MCPink - Medium bubble gum pink with a very slight blue shift. The nerd in me loves the name of this shadow!


Glitterbot - Shimmery medium purple with pink glitter. This is a very aptly named shadow which unfortunately my camera wasn't able to pick up the glitter. I might try reswatching over Hi-Fi Shadow Fix to see if I can get the pink glitter to show up.

Permanent line shadows
Aztec Maiden - Light sea green with silver shimmer. This color turned out a bit lighter than I expected but still pretty.


My French Boyfriend - Silvery light blue/gray. I really love this color, it's absolutely gorgeous!


Lisette - Pretty pastel lilac. Really liking this shade as well.

Jersey - Light chartreuse.

Naughty Librarian - Bright purple grape with holographic glitter. This shade is TO DIE FOR! I need to swatch this over a sticky base because of the glitter.

Free samples
Conspiracy Theory - Bright shimmery blue. I love blues and this one is no exception.

Razzatazz - Light fuschia with purple glitter. Another of those I need to swatch over a sticky base because of the glitter.


Summer Fling - Bright creamsicle orange with gold shimmer.

Re-swatched over Hi-Fi Cosmetics High Impact Shadow Fix.
You can see the glitter better in these swatches particularly around the edges.
The eye shadows were all very soft and easily blended with good pigmentation. I will definitely be ordering from Simply Kendra again and I already have my eye on a few shades. The website is fairly simple to navigate and the listings are clear and concise. The only thing I have a bit of a problem with is the chunky, elongated font found on the listings, About and FAQ pages. I find it to be quite difficult to read without going cross-eyed.

 Simply Kendra offers samples for $1.00, 3g jars for $3.00 and 5g jars for $5.00. She also offers pressed shadows for $6.50 which is unique since most MMUCs do not offer pressed shadows. Her pricing is very reasonable and on par with a lot of other companies. Overall I really enjoyed the eye shadows I received and the customer service is excellent! I would highly recommend checking Kendra out when you get the chance!

5 out of 5 Glittery Bubbles


**All products were purchased by me with my own money. I was not compensated in any way, 

shape or form for this review. All opinions are my own.

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Those jars are SO pretty! *makeup squee!*

The Peach said...

Thanks for the review! I have not heard of Simply Kendra before. I'm going to have to check out the shop! The colors look beautiful!

Unknown said...

@Robyn, I know! I love the jars!

@Jill glad you like the colors!

Simply Kendra said...

Thank you for the lovely Review! xo

Powered by Blogger.