Thursday, March 24, 2011

Crown Brushes

Crown Brushes
I had heard a lot about Crown brushes before from various MUAs but have never actually tried them until now. HauteLook.com was having a sale on these brushes several weeks ago and I jumped at the chance to finally try them. I purchased the pink retractable synthetic kabuki brush, pink large duo fiber powder brush and the 15 piece professional brush set.

Large Duo Fiber Powder Brush
The duo fiber brush I received was larger than I thought it would be. This is probably because the one I have right now makes this one look like a giant. The bristles are really nice and soft and did not shed at all when I ran my fingers through it. I think it will be perfect for stipling on my liquid foundation and do a much better job than the tiny one I was using before.

This brush is larger than I expected.
Believe it or not, this is the first kabuki brush I have ever bought and now I'm wondering why I waited so long to get it! I am in LOVE with this brush and will definitely be using this one all the time. This is one of the softest brushes I have ever felt. I also like that it's retractable to protect the bristles from getting whacked out when I travel. There is NOTHING worse than having your brush bristles get bent out of shape while you travel... >.>. There was a slight dent in the metal base of this brush when I received it but it was really small and not that big an issue with me.

Retractable Synthetic Kabuki Brush

I love how cute this is!
Now on to the 15 piece professional brush set. I really like the roll that this set came in as it is perfect for traveling. I do NOT like the horrible plastic-y smell that came from it though. It smelled really really strong and it still smells right now. I'm hoping the smell will go away in a few days if I leave it to air out. Overall it does have a nice assortment of brushes as you can see from the next few pictures...




Thanks to the roll they are in, the brushes also smell pretty strongly of plastic but once I wash them they should be fine. The bristles on these brushes are again very nice and soft with minimal shedding. These brushes seem like the bristles are packed on more densely than some of the other brushes I own which is nice. All of them have silver painted wood handles with black ferrules.

Close-up of flat eye shadow brush

Brow brush/comb came broken
I did end up with one of the tools being broken. The edge of the brow comb/brush was broken and the plastic seemed a bit banged up but this isn't a big deal to me since I do own 4 other brow comb/brushes and I really didn't need another one. Overall Crown has some really nice brushes and I will definitely be buying from them again. I don't think I'll be purchasing any more of their brush sets though because I feel the quality in the individual brushes I bought were slightly higher than the set brushes. I'd say purchase their individual brushes over the brush sets.

3.7 out of 5 Glittery Bubbles

**All products were purchased with my own money. I was not paid in any way, shape or form for this review. All opinions are my own.

1 comments:

Melissa said...

I love my crown brushes! I agree with you, get individuals over the sets. I have found that when I have a whole set I only end up using the same few.

Powered by Blogger.