Monday, April 18, 2011

Silk Naturals Urban Decay Naked Palette Clone

Silk Naturals Haul

I ordered from Silk Naturals (SN) based on reviews by Phyrra and Grey at Gothique. I really wanted to see how their Naked Palette clone stacked up against the original Urban Decay version. So I ordered their entire UD Naked Palette clone set. I also received Nekkid, their MAC Naked Lunch clone, free as all orders over $30 will receive one free eye shadow of your choice.

All the shadows in my order
I placed my order on April 1 and received a notification it was shipped on April 4. I believe I received it on April 6 so TAT was less than 1 week. The order was shipped in a standard bubble mailer with the invoice included. The UD clones were packaged together in a black organza bag and my freebie Nekkid was wrapped separately. A quick note was also handwritten on the invoice. One thing I noticed right away was that there were no ingredients listed on the individual eye shadows. I was sent a general ingredients list that can also be found on their website but it doesn't actually list all the ingredients in each eye shadow.

Urban Decay Naked Palette clone swatches
The palette consists of a mixture of matte and shimmer shades just like the original. I found all of them to be very pigmented and easy to blend. I did have a little more difficulty with the matte shadows in blending them but I've found that to be the case with every matte loose shadow I've tried so far. I am not going to go into detail about every color like I usually do since I'm going to do a comparison post and swatch these side by side with the original when I get the chance, whenever that will be...lol.

L-R: MAC Naked Lunch, Silk Naturals Nekkid swatched over MAC Painterly Paint Pot
I am however going to go a little bit in depth with the Naked Lunch/Nekkid clone. Naked Lunch is probably one of my favorite highlight/neutral shades from MAC. It really complements my skin color and I can use this with just about anything. I was curious to see you close Nekkid would be to Naked Lunch which is why I requested it as my freebie. I could tell just from looking at the color in the jar that Nekkid would be more golden in color than Naked Lunch. Naked Lunch is a shimmery pale champagne pink that almost matches the skin color on the inside of my arm. Nekkid is more champagne than pink and has a more golden hue to it. It is also more shimmery than Naked Lunch If you're looking for an exact Naked Lunch dupe, sorry, this isn't it.  I'd say it's about an 80% match. I still prefer my Naked Lunch over Nekkid but if you're looking for a pretty champagne color this is worth buying.

Overall great company with a huge range of eye shadows. They do have a lot of clones from big companies like MAC, Nars, BeneFit, Stila, Bare Escentuals and even Bobbi Brown so if their eye shadows, blushes or glosses are a bit out of your price range you can check out SN for their dupes of different colors as SN is definitely a lot cheaper. Customer service is excellent and TAT is also good, what more could you want? =)

4.75 out of 5 Glittery Bubbles

**All products were purchased by me with my own money. I was not compensated in any way, shape or form for this review. All opinions are my own.

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.